We will have a trip meeting on November 16th, at 7:00 in the PHSC commons to go over trip details with Glenda. Plan on attending to receive a detailed itinerary, packing information and additional pertinent information.
For parade information:
The following dates will be after school rehearsals for those going on the trip from
3-4:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays, unless otherwise noted.
November 28, 30,
December 5, 7,12,14,19, 21
I'm a little late on the info email, allow me to catch everyone up to speed!
Before I get into upcoming events I want to say, thank you to all the booster volunteers this past Saturday. The trip ran smoothly and I am very thankful for all of your help!
Wednesday night is the Schmidt's Dinner and Marching Band Show. We will start Pre-game at 8:00pm. The location for the event is the Ridgeview cafeteria and Tiger Stadium. DO NOT COME TO CENTRAL FOR THE DINNER!
For Wednesday members of the band will need to do the following:
1. Pick-up their uniform at the end of the school day, or from 4:45-5:15 for anyone who can't get their uniform home after school. Just like home games students are responsible for getting their instrument's to and from the field.
2. Students who are planning on eating dinner at Ridgeview need to do so right away. We will start practicing for Saturday's contest in Tiger Stadium at 6:00.
3. At 7:30 I will end rehearsal and give students time to change into their uniforms. (purple pants.)
4. The performance will end after we run pre game and the show twice!
Info for Friday's Football Game:
Our first contest is approaching quickly.
Not only is it our first contest but it is also our first time traveling as a band. We don't have the luxury of an away game being our first bus trip to work out the kinks. We need to get it right the first time! Traveling with such a large group has many moving parts, which means we must live by the schedule created for contest days and make sure we have plenty of hands on deck. If you are not stressed and feel like you barely helped out, we are on schedule and did everything right! These weekend trips should be pleasant for everyone, not just the students.
We are always in need of parent volunteers to help with electronics, rolling podiums and pulling front ensemble instruments. There will be a Sign-up Genius coming out shortly for "Pit Crew". You do not need to be a bus chaperone to help with moving equipment. You can meet up with the band at the contest site in the bus lot.
We are also in need of bus chaperones. We travel with 4 student buses and need level 1 certified volunteers for each bus. There will be a separate Sign-up Genius for bus Chaperones as well.
Our first football game and Labor Day parade are quickly approaching!
Friday night info:
1. Bring water jugs for our after school dress rehearsal at 4:30. Students must come to the dress rehearsal fed and ready to go for the evening's activities.
2. The weather looks like it could allow us to wear our fall uniforms, but we all know the weather man could be completely off. To be prepared for both situations please be sure to have both black socks for fall uniforms and white no-show socks and shoes for summer uniforms ready. Students are not allowed to wear jeans under fall uniforms. I will let the band know our uniform on Thursday.
3. If you are going to watch the band march to the stadium we will line up in the Hill Road lot around 6:30 and depart for the stadium around 6:45.
4. The Band dismisses from the stadium. Students have to return to the band room to return instruments, uniforms (if in fall uniforms) and clean the band room.